If your answer to that headline is no, you may want to take a look at this survey from AWeber Communications:
- Email marketing continues to bring significant value to businesses with more than 82 percent of respondents planning to increase their email marketing efforts over the next year.
- The more social media grows in popularity among consumers, the more attention it will receive from marketers. Almost 70 percent of small business marketers are employing some sort of social media tactics and a majority (77 percent) indicate that integrating email marketing and social media is either “very important” or “moderately important.”
- The most popular tactics at the moment involve spreading content onto additional mediums such as sharing email newsletters on Twitter (36 percent) and delivering blog posts via email (35 percent).
- 54 percent of respondents indicate they intend to use Facebook as a tool to help build their email lists
- Nearly 20 percent of respondents indicate that integrating email marketing and social media increased customer loyalty
- Almost 12 times as many respondents said that email marketing ROI is more easily measured than social media ROI (61.46 percent versus 5.28 percent)
You can see more of the survey and what they had to say here. If you’re not integrating your efforts across all of your mediums for communicating with your audience, what are you waiting for?